Views of the Padme Installation at MacQuarie University 2010.
Padme is a solar powered digital audio floating sculpture that is activated by wave motion and by water birds nudging the antennae-like motion sensing ‘whiskers’ that radiate from the work.
A short radio interview about the installation.
A favourite with the wildlife.
Slight movement activated a chorus of insect audio files.
Padme (Nelumbo nucifera), the sacred lotus, is an aquatic plant that plays a central role in Indian religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.
Messing about in boats and Padme at MacQuarie University 2010.
Or how to catch a chill making art in winter!
The lotus is an ancient polyvalent symbol in the Asia society. Hindus revere it with the gods Vishnu, Brahma, and the goddesses Lakshmi, Sarasvati and Kubera. Often used as an example of divine beauty and purity, Vishnu is often described as the ‘Lotus-Eyed One’. The lotus, springs from the navel of Vishnu whilst he is in Yoga Nidra. The lotus blooms uncovering the creator god Brahma in padmasana.
Its unfolding petals suggest the expansion of the soul. The growth of its pure beauty from the mud of its origin holds a benign spiritual promise. Particularly Brahma and Lakshmi, the divinities of potency and wealth, have the lotus symbol associated with them.
Zhou Dunyi: “I love the lotus because while growing from mud, it is unstained.”
- Tracing Silence; Ecocide and Omnicide.
- The Sound of Place; Environmental Artworks at Bundanon.
- Sonus Maris
- CrayVox Book
- Oratorio Photo Essay
- Oratorio and Heavy Metal
- The Oratorio for a Million Souls
- Two Islands
- The Deluge Ark(ive)
- A Dissimulation of Birds
- The Biological Mixer
- Heavy Metal
- CultCult – audio illumination from the Ocean
- BioLogging Retrofit
- BioPods_V2 The Nebuchadnezzar Suite
- Eine Kleine GeneMusiK
- Songs from the UnderWorld_v3
- Architecture for Bees; Bees for Architecture
- Breathless; Take a Deep Breath
- Public Art concepts
- Ars Memoriae Mexicana
- Float like a Butterfly; Sting like a Bee
- Supereste ut Pugnatis (Pugnatis) ut Supereste
- Songs from the UnderWorld_V2
- WYSSA – All my love darling
- Songs from the UnderWorld
- Milk and Honey
- Weeping Willow
- Bio_Logging and Under the IceCap
- New Host_V6
- Law of the Tongue
- New York Drawings
- Zephyr II
- Run Silent Run Deep
- Sculpture in the Vineyards
- WA Marine Facility ~ Ondes
- Quint de Loup II
- The Wireless House
- Talking Stick
- Syren for Port Jackson
- Factory Spirit.
- What Survives
- KellerRadioActive at IASKA
- Magnus Opus
- Preaching to the Converter
- Virtual Spirit
- AudioNomad + Syren
- Echigo Tsumari
- An Unrequited Place
- Voyages from Eden to Utopia; Hercules
- The Transit of Venus
- A Symphony for Other Cultures
- The Lament
- Sonic Landscapes
- Siren Song
- Ship to Shore
- Re-Entry Vehicle; Natural Science in the Spirit World
- Naughty Apartment
- Mute in TalkTown; the sweet warm breath of science
- La Zona del Silencio
- Everything’s Nice with American Rice
- Silent Forest
- Dual-Nature (Ebb and Flow).
- Die Melodie der Welt; Bringing Home the Bacon
- Sample Content Of Radio Works as MP3