This essay by Nigel Helyer and John Potts listens to the sound of place: of Bundanon, a three thousand acre property in the Shoalhaven river valley in rural NSW, Australia. Bundanon is today an artists’ colony and education centre, following the gift to the Australian people in 1993 of the entire property—including homestead, artist studio […]Read More →
on October 6, 2020in Articles, arts and science, environmental project, Essays, interactive new media, public art, sound sculpture, Textstags: arts and science, critical writing, environmental project, sound sculpture
This paper examines a series of creative sound-works which combine human and biological agents to re-mix, create and re-invent musical scores. The central concept is to consider Genes, Memes and Musical notation as parallel mnemonic structures that function as instructions for the fleshing-out of life across temporal barriers. GeneMusiK and associated works Under the IceCap […]Read More →
A short speech written and spoken by Gary Warner at the invitation of the authors for the book launch of Culturescape: An Ecology of Bundanon by Nigel Helyer and John Potts, at the Australia Council, Pyrmont, Sydney, Thursday 30 January 2020. This edition is now available online at The Bundanon Trust site. At Bundanon: Spotting […]Read More →
A Different EngineRead More →
AudioNomadRead More →
SPPS_for ISEA Papers:sRead More →
Oratorio Photo Essay:sRead More →
Oratorio and Heavy MetalRead More →
Walking, Thinking and Memory | NIGEL HE…TTS | Walking Art – Walking Aesthetics.pdfRead More →
- The Sound of Place; Environmental Artworks at Bundanon.
- Co-Composition and De-Composition Biological agency as a compositional tool.
- Culturescape:An Ecology of Bundanon
- A Different Engine
- IceCap and GeneMusiK
- Oratorio Photo Essay
- Oratorio and Heavy Metal
- Walking, Thinking and Memory.
- Under the Icecap
- Teatro y Democracia
- Snap, Crackle and Pop; On listening, memory and amnesia
- Mexico Is Different
- Ars Electronica; Vitae Brevis
- A Night out in NokiaTown
- The Nomadic Ear
- Gran Tourismo
- AudioNomadism ~ a brief history of Sound in Public Space.
- Soundarts and the Living Dead
- Sonic Voyages
- 2 + 2 = A math primer for the hard of hearing.
- Prometheus Bound; Art, Science, Creativity and the Imagination.